Friday, April 3, 2009

When I forgot by Elina Hirvonen



When I forgot is a story about a young journalist living around the time of the world trade center attacks. Throughout the story she retells events of her past involving her family and her mentally ill brother while also reaching out to her professor Ian and allowing him to open up and share the hard truth about his past involving his father.
I found myself drawn to this book from the first page all the way to the last page and once I started reading it I was unable to put it down. I feel that Elina Hirvonen did an amazing job telling Anna’s story. It was a little bit confusing trying to differentiate between Ian’s life and Anna’s life but after the first few chapters it became easier.
I feel that even with the sadness that the story revolves around Elina did a good job of keeping the book from getting too depressing. I felt it was a very good book and I will be sure to recommend it to all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment